Recipe by mummamills
just a little quickie for breakfast, lunch or tea. always a favourite, nice mix of textures etc. Quick and easy when the men come home with no fish, or the kids game got rained out :)
Top Review by Mirj
This was very yummy! I had a bunch of fresh vegetables left over from Saturday lunch and used them up to make this for Saturday night supper. I ran all the veggies through the food processor using the steel knife, so the chopped veggies were almost confetti-like. I didn't use bacon (never use bacon) but did use lots of garlic and plenty of cheese. It's a great low-carb meal! By the way, eggs are not mentioned in the list of ingredients, you should have Gay correct the recipe, mummamills. Thanks for a quick and delicious supper!
- chicken bouillon cube
- soy sauce
- chopped bacon (optional)
- red capsicum (bellpepper) (optional)
- garlic (optional)
- cheese (optional)
- 2 eggs, for each person
Directions See How It's Made
- Quantities depend on how many you are feeding.
- In a little butter, fry the following until limp.
- Finely shredded cabbage;finely sliced onions; thin strips of carrot.
- Take out and keep warm.
- Beat two eggs with a crushed chicken cube and a dash of soy sauce.
- In a small pot combine one cup of water, a chicken cube, dash soy sauce, a heaped teaspoon cornflour, salt and pepper, and bring to the boil while stirring.
- Let simmer 2 minutes.
- Pour omelette mixture into greased hot frypan, sprinkle over cabbage mixture, cover and cook over low heat till done.
- Fold over and serve on warm plates, pour over sauce.
- OPTIONAL; Add a little garlic, capsicum, or bacon to the veg.
- Sprinkle a little cheese over the filling and finish under the grill.