Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The first time my husband tried this he hogged the whole bowl. Now I usually double the recipe if we're having guests.
- 1 cabbage
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Cut the cabbage into thin strips.
- Fry the pine nuts, almond slivers and sesame seeds in a small amount of olive oil until toasted (careful not to burn).
- You can vary the amounts of nuts to your own tastes.
- Mix cabbage and nuts together in a large bowl.
- Mix olive oil, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute to heat.
- Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Pour the sauce over the cabbage and nuts and toss well.
- Let the salad marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
Delicious. I used a 16 oz. bag of the already chopped cabbage and doubled the amount of nuts and it had a great crunch to it as well as lots of flavor. Served it with Lennie's mac n cheese (yummy too) and my skillet barbecued chicken. Yummy!
This is suprisingly good. It was a tad bit bitter so I added another teaspoon of sugar, but could not wait to dinner to try it. I made it early this morning and it's been sitting in the fridge looking quite inviting. Thanks for a great recipe!
Did this for dinner tonight, very good!! I cut the recipe in half, it worked fine. Didn't have enough pine nuts, so made up the difference with sunflower seeds, with the rest of the seeds and nuts, it was a very nice nutty flavour. Will make it again, Thanks for a good one Mirjam!!