Recipe by Mirj
The first time my husband tried this he hogged the whole bowl. Now I usually double the recipe if we're having guests.
Top Review by Babs in Toyland
Delicious. I used a 16 oz. bag of the already chopped cabbage and doubled the amount of nuts and it had a great crunch to it as well as lots of flavor. Served it with Lennie's mac n cheese (yummy too) and my skillet barbecued chicken. Yummy!
- 1 cabbage
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the cabbage into thin strips.
- Fry the pine nuts, almond slivers and sesame seeds in a small amount of olive oil until toasted (careful not to burn).
- You can vary the amounts of nuts to your own tastes.
- Mix cabbage and nuts together in a large bowl.
- Mix olive oil, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute to heat.
- Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Pour the sauce over the cabbage and nuts and toss well.
- Let the salad marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.