Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
Never have to roll all those cabbage rolls again! Just layer the cabbage leaves and tomato/meat sauce and bake. This is very easy and tasty too.
- 5 lbs lean ground chuck
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (28 ounce) cansdel monte stewed tomatoes, with onions celery and green peppers
- 1 (25 3/4 ounce) jar Prego pasta sauce with tomato basil and garlic
- 1 (4 ounce) packageuncle ben boil-in-the-bag rice
- 10 -14 medium cabbage leaves
- 3⁄4 cup Kraft 100% Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 (8 ounce) packagekraft four cheese pizza cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, brown ground beef with garlic salt& pepper.
- Drain, add Worcestershire Sauce, onion and green pepper.
- Cover and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are clear (approximately 7 minutes).
- Drain and transfer meat to a large pot.
- Add tomatoes and pasta sauce, simmering on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Cook rice according to directions.
- Stir cooked rice into the meat and sauce.
- Simmer 10-15 more minutes.
- Immerse cabbage leaves into boiling water, 4 at a time, about 3 minutes, or until limp.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 9x13-inch baking dish or pan, spread a 1/4-1/2-inch layer of meat sauce.
- Layer in this order: cabbage leaves, 1/4-1/2-inch meat sauce, shredded cheese, and parmesan, (will be about about 4 layers, ending with parmesan).
- Bake for 40 minutes covered with foil, until bubbly.
- Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes uncovered.
- Serve with salad and garlic bread.
This recipe tasted great. The whole family loved it. I altered a few ingredients and to 3 pounds of ground beef, 1 can of stewed tomatoes and one bag of cole slaw mix and it still turned out delicious.