Recipe by Alisa Lea
When I was growing up I wouldn't eat cooked cabbage. My mom cooked it until it was grey and mushy and smelled awful. Ick! After I was grown I played around with it til I came up with something I liked and I make it this way every year for New Years.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, cut in wedges
- 1⁄2 large green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 large head green cabbage, cut in small wedges
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the bacon into 1/2 pieces, brown and remove.
- Add the onion and green bell pepper to the bacon drippings and saute until tender crisp.
- Add the cabbage, salt & pepper to taste, and toss with sauted onion and bell pepper.
- Add the water, reduce heat and cover, steaming just until cabbage is wilted but not mushy, about 5 minutes.
- Drain and sprinkle with bacon.