Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm doing the nutrisystem diet, and since cabbage is listed as a "salad vegetable" and the amount is unlimited, this has become my saving grace. It truly is delicious. I made this up in desperation and it's wonderful.
- 1 (10 ounce) bagshredded cabbage, angel hair style (for slaw but without the carrots)
- calorie free non-fat cooking spray
- Spray a heavy skillet with the nonstick spray.
- Put the whole bag of shredded cabbage in the skillet and sprinkle with generous amount salt and pepper.
- Stir and toss until wilted and just beginning to brown a bit.
- Serve hot.
I love fried cabbage!! My dad always had a garden full of fresh veggies and cabbage was one of them. I love this recipe and its close to my mom's but we add a bit of paprika to bring out the flavor of the cabbage and a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
This was good and easy to make. I did add some butter to the mixture. We enjoyed this as a side dish.
I almsot always use this as a side dish when I serve Asian cuisine. I use butter-flavored cooking spray and add a healthy dose of onion with a little bit of soy sauce.