1 hr 20 mins
Crisp veggies and chilled lentils give a colorful, crunchy, and nutritious summer salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the lentils in water. Their texture should be soft but not mushy. Drain and chill at least one hour.
- 2While the lentils are cooking, combine the vinaigrette ingredients.
- 3Shred the cabbage with a knife. It's OK to use the green outer leaves, but avoid the tough stems.
- 4Slice the carrot into longish, very thin, strips. Use the carrot peeler if you don't have the patience for the knife work, but try not to bail completely and use the grater.
- 5Cut the pepper into small strips or diamonds.
- 6The vegetables can be combined and refrigerated, covered, ahead of time, or tossed at the table. Add the lentils last, and dress each serving (to avoid a soggy puddle at the bottom of the bowl).
- 7Of course, all the ingredients are to taste. Feel free to use your favorite vinaigrette, or to use yellow, red and green peppers, or to add purple cabbge. Fresh herbs are great, but remove the woody stems, and chop the leaves finely.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage Lentil Salad
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.1
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 45.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.7 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 14.7 g