Recipe by kindcook
A very flavorful, low calorie soup that speaks for itself. The kielbasa flavors the broth so nicely that there's no need to add salt. I don't like raw cabbage in salads, but I love this. Great for wintery nights!
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) package turkey kielbasa
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 large head of cabbage, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice kielbasa in half, in long lengths and brown both sides in a non-stick pan.
- After browned, remove kielbasa and slice into bite size pieces, about 1/2 inch squares, and place into large pot.
- Wipe non-stick pan out with a wet paper towel.
- Add the oil to the pan, heat, then add the onions and garlic.
- Saute until tender, about 10 minutes, or until onions are clear.
- After sautéing, move onions and garlic to pot.
- Add broth, water, and tomato sauce and heat to boiling.
- When broth is boiling, add the cabbage and cook for 30-40 minutes, until cabbage is cooked to preferred texture.