Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I believe this came from TOH's Simple and Delicious. It's pretty quick and cleanup is easy too so it has become a regular weeknight meal for us. My husband sometimes eats it on toasted wheat bread.
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 sweet red pepper, julienned
- 29.58 ml butter
- 453.59 g kielbasa, sliced
- 453.59 g package coleslaw mix
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in butter until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
Since I had the broccoli slaw on hand, that is what I used. Otherwise, I followed directions. The combination of ingredients comes together nicely and this can be prepared quickly and easily. This is a great choice for a busy day. Thanks, lilchris.
Made this tonight for dinner. Very easy and quick. Nice flavor. I wondered at first about the onions and peppers being too overpowering, but I actually liked it a lot. Big garlic lovers may want to add a bit more (I may even try fresh garlic next time). I also used a turkey kielbasa for less fat, and next time might try to just use butter flavored cooking spray instead of butter to saute the veggies. I will certainly be making this again - thanks for sharing!