Recipe by FLUFFSTER
If you like cabbage, you are going to love this! It's meaty, it's got flavor, but it's not too spicy. Feel free to add more heat if you like. Just put a tiny amount of cayenne in, but be sure to taste before you add any more. You can always add more, but you can't take it away.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 medium cabbage, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 14 1⁄2 fluid ounces water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stock pot over medium-high heat, combine ground beef, smoked sausage, celery, onion, and garlic until beef is evenly brown.
- Stir in cabbage,tomatoes, water and rice.
- Season with garlic salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 35 to 40 minutes, or until rice is done.