Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've been making this for quite a while now. Some people who don't care for cabbage love it cooked like this.
- 4 slices thick sliced bacon, cut up
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 medium cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cook bacon in a large Pot over medium heat until fat is rendered and bacon.
- starts to brown.
- Add onion and cook until wilted.
- Add cabbage, tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until cabbage is softened, but not mushy.
Wow this was soooo good! I prepared it exactly as listed and the flavor was perfect. This is going to be a regular in our house - dh usually doesn't each much cabbage but really liked this one. Thanks for sharing!
Didn't use bacon, but olive oil for sauteeing the onions. These is an easy healthy recipe. Thanks for sharing! :)