Recipe by rickscott
I've been making this for quite a while now. Some people who don't care for cabbage love it cooked like this.
Top Review by jovigirl
Wow this was soooo good! I prepared it exactly as listed and the flavor was perfect. This is going to be a regular in our house - dh usually doesn't each much cabbage but really liked this one. Thanks for sharing!
- 4 slices thick sliced bacon, cut up
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped coarsely
- 1 medium cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in a large Pot over medium heat until fat is rendered and bacon.
- starts to brown.
- Add onion and cook until wilted.
- Add cabbage, tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until cabbage is softened, but not mushy.