Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
As far as I know, there is no cabbage fried rice recipe on this site so I decided to make one. Hope you like it.
- 6 cups cooked rice
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 head cabbage, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, cut in half and sliced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 5 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt & pepper
- Over medium high heat, saute diced onions and minced garlic for 5 minutes in peanut oil.
- Add mushrooms and carrots and saute until the mushrooms have cooked down to about half their original size.
- Add cabbage and cover. Let cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the veggies cook, scramble beaten eggs in seperate pan greased with no-stick cooking spray.
- Add eggs when cabbage mix has 2 minutes left to cook.
- Add rice and mix into vegetables. Add nutmeg and coriander and mix well. Add soy sauce 1 tbsp at a time and adjust to suit your tastes.
- Add salt and pepper to suit your tastes. Heat through for about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add scallions, and serve.