Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A very good way to eat cabbage.Very Tasty!
- 2 lbs cabbage, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook the cabbage,with enough water to cover.
- Cook 7 minutes,drain well.
- Melt the butter,blend in the flour,add the cream and milk,stirring slowly until sauce thickens.
- Stir in the salt,peppers,and nutmeg.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cabbage.
- Pour into a 1 1/2 buttered baking dish,dot with butter,sprinkle on seasoned bread crumbs and cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Deliciously rich (but not too rich) cabbage recipe! I added a small diced onion to the cabbage, otherwise no changes. I'll be making this again. Thanx for posting this!