Recipe by morgainegeiser
Filled pastries are a popular item all over Eastern Europe. These are a vegetarian version filled with cabbage.
Top Review by Josh W.
Loved this recipe but i'm not sure the brown sugar is needed or the dill for that matter. When I make these I play around a bit with the ingredients and add garlic and cheddar cheese often.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) containerrefrigerator biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and cabbage. Sprinkle with brown sugar, lemon juice, dill weed, salt and pepper.
- Cook, strirring frequently, about 8 minutes or until tender. Stir constantly toward the end of coooking time to keep vegatables from sticking. Remove from heat and let cool 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Have an ungreased baking sheet ready. Separate biscuits and place them between two sheets of wax paper several inches apart. With a rolling pin, roll biscuits into 4 to 5 inch circles. Carefully remove the top sheet of wax paper.
- Using a heaping tablespoonful of filling, place slightly off-center on each circle. Carefully fold biscuits over, making a half-circle and stretching dough gently over the filling. Crimp the edges together with a fork. Place pastries on baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Serve hot or at room temperature.