Recipe by Sage
Cabbage the Australia way!
Top Review by **Mandy**
I usually do my cabbage with bacon & onion, sometimes adding mushies but this was a lovely change. DH wasn't that keen, he prefers bacon with cabbage, but I think that bacon could also be added to this & it would work, might try that next time. Thanks Sage!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 12 ounces cabbage, shredded
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 fluid ounces fresh vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme leaves
- 2 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat half the butter and oil in large saucepan, add the cabbage, onion, stock and thyme and mix well.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the mushrooms, tomatoes, salt and pepper, mix well then recover and simmer for a further 10-15minutes until just tender.
- Just before serving, mix in the remaining butter and parsley.