Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful cabbage salad that offers a good alternative to regular coleslaw. It has a good texture and wonderful taste.
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 head shredded cabbage
- 4 -5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 package chicken-flavored ramen noodles, uncooked crumbled into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup light vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 packet seasoning, from noodles
- Combine the first five ingredients.
- Mix the dressing and add right before serving.
I had this salad last week at a fellowship dinner and was craving it today. I tried yours and it just hit the spot! Light and crunchy, with a touch of sweetness,and the sliced almonds and green onions were just what I was looking for! Thanks!
I love this salad! Perfect for summer get-togethers. I used 1/4 cup of olive oil. I cut out the salt, and used the whole pkg. of seasoning. I also used 2 pkgs. of noodles because we like the extra crunch. Thanks!
This recipe was very good but I think it would be better if you cut the salt out. The packet from the ramen noodles probably has added salt so for health sake my family likes to cut back on the amount of sodium in a recipe. Otherwise, very tasty. Thank you!