Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from my friend, Alla, who is a salad maven. I was tempted to call this purple passion salad, since it is a gorgeous purple color (when you use purple cabbage) and everyone was passionate about it. The variations here are endless. The amounts are approximated; if you like a particular veggie more, add more of it. Have fun with it!
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 head cabbage, shredded (I like purple)
- 1 -2 bell pepper, chopped (I like using red, yellow or orange peppers for the color)
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- fresh dill, chopped, to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped, to taste
- dried cranberries or craisins, to taste
- 2 ounces melba toast, broken into pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Chop all the veggies and herbs and toss in a bowl.
- Add the craisins and melba toast.
- Mix together the garlic, mayo, salt and pepper.
- Add to salad and toss well.
- Serve soon afterward.
- If you will serve later, don't add the dressing or melba toast until just before serving.
I've been using this as a basic guideline (no melba toast, dried spices, and not measuring) and it's been entirely eaten every week. Thanks!