- 1 medium head of cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pimientos
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim outer leaves of cabbage, quarter head and cut out core. Shred cabbage fine. About 9 cups.
- Place in a large bowl. In a glass far add oil, vinegar, seeds, sugar, salt, pepper.
- Shake well, pour over cabbage. Add peppers and pimentos, toss lightly, cover. Chill for 30 minutes before serving.