Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Had to use up a head of cabbage.Trying to cut down on our meat intake It was cold outside. Made this stew.Actually It turned out very good.
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 -3 teaspoons chili seasoning mix
- 1 cup cooked small shell pasta
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded Mexican blend cheese (optional)
- crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- In a crock pot,combine cabbage, onion, tomato juice& tomato soup.
- Mix well.
- Add kidney beans& chili seasonings.
- Mix again to blend well.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Mix well before serving.
- 4-6 servings.
- Top each bowl with desired garnishes.