Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from www.nancys-kitchen.com. I didn't make it yet, but sounds good.
- 1 large cabbage, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks (about 3-1/2 lbs.)
- 1⁄4 cup Parkay margarine, divided
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb cheese spread, cubed
- 2 cups croutons
- Cover cabbage with water in Dutch oven; bring to boil and cook 2 1/2 minutes; drain well.
- Melt 2 tbsp margarine in saucepan over medium-low heat. Blend in flour and paprika. Gradually stir in milk; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Add cheese; stir until melted. Add cabbage.
- Pour into 12" x 7 1/2" baking dish. Toss croutons with remaining melted margarine. Sprinkle over cabbage mixture; cover.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes. Uncover; continue baking 20 minutes, until croutons are toasted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.