Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One of the all-time best comfort food recipes I've every found. Well worth the time to put it all together. Sure to become a family favorite.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- chow mein noodles
- soy sauce
- Brown onion in margarine until soft.
- Add ground beef, salt, pepper and brown.
- Drain any fat off mixture.
- Put chopped cabbage on top of meat mixture.
- Cover and steam 10 minutes.
- Mix together, stirring, and add water chestnuts, celery soup, cheddar cheese.
- Add sour cream last, careful not to heat mixture too high.
- Put in greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Just before it's done, sprinkle chow mein noodles on top.
- Let stand about 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve soy sauce along side to be added to each serving according to each person's taste.