Recipe by Jo in Arlington
It's like lasagna. I used a combo of ground beef, pork & veal. Remember to drain the cabbage well or it might be alittle watery -- but just use a slotted spoon when serving.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Tasty & easy recipe to put together. I made it ahead of time to take to our cabin the next day & it travelled well. I also cooked a couple garlic cloves (as I often do) with the onion. I found it could have used abit more rice & the odd one was crunchie so next time I'll probably mix into spaghetti sauce 1st before layering casserole. We don't like our casseroles real cheesy so we cut it back about 4 oz. Great recipe, thanks for sharing.
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 26 -32 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch basil
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat 350º.
- Shred cabbage and par boil for 30 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Combine onion and meat and brown.
- Drain well Make two layers of: Cabbage Beef/onion Pinch each of garlic powder, oregano and basil over meat Spaghetti Sauce Sprinkle rice Sprinkle cheese Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes.