Recipe by vverkin925
I nice little twist to the standard hamburger casserole and great for those who don't eat pasta.
Top Review by Mnesbitt3
This recipe was GREAT!! I did fancy it up a bit because I had some fresh dill and sage in the fridge to use up.... I also put about 1/2 cup of chablis wine in the bottom before I put the meat onion mixture on top... I used ground ham instead of the ground beef, because of the reviews that said they used kielbasa and liked it more... Anyway, I'm gonna save this recipe, and, will definitly make it again with small variations of course.... just to keep things interesting!!!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 1 can tomato soup, undiluted
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onion together.
- Place cabbage in large casserole.
- Spread beef and onions over the cabbage.
- Spread tomato soup over the beef.
- Cover and bake one hour at 350 degrees.
- 1/2 cup quick cooking rice can be added to the beef mixture but if you do this dilute the soup with 1 can of water.