Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I nice little twist to the standard hamburger casserole and great for those who don't eat pasta.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 1 can tomato soup, undiluted
- Brown ground beef and onion together.
- Place cabbage in large casserole.
- Spread beef and onions over the cabbage.
- Spread tomato soup over the beef.
- Cover and bake one hour at 350 degrees.
- 1/2 cup quick cooking rice can be added to the beef mixture but if you do this dilute the soup with 1 can of water.
This recipe was GREAT!! I did fancy it up a bit because I had some fresh dill and sage in the fridge to use up.... I also put about 1/2 cup of chablis wine in the bottom before I put the meat onion mixture on top... I used ground ham instead of the ground beef, because of the reviews that said they used kielbasa and liked it more... Anyway, I'm gonna save this recipe, and, will definitly make it again with small variations of course.... just to keep things interesting!!!
This was a winner! I did substitute italian turkey sausage for ground beef and low sodium/low fat soup. It was so easy and comforting. Next time I'll take it out of the oven sooner, so the cabbage is more crisp tender. My husband is asking for it for dinner again, asap! Thank you!
This was delicious and so simple to make. My husband didn't say a word while we ate except "Can I have some more?" We polished off the entire casserole in one sitting.