Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
When my father passed away several years ago a friend made this and brought to our house. Everyone loved it and couldn't believe how easy it was to prepare. I made if for an office dinner and now they ask me to make it every year. So, for the past 13 years I have made this for my office. I hope you enjoy it as well.
- 1 large head of cabbage
- 297.66 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 small diced onion
- 29.58 ml butter
- 453.59 g Velveeta Mexican cheese
- 59.14 ml sugar
- salt and pepper
- Italian style breadcrumbs
- boil cabbage with sugar until tender.
- while cabbage is cooking, saute onion in butter.
- add cream of mushroom soup.
- add cheese.
- drain cabbage well.
- mix all ingredients.
- taste to add salt and pepper.
- pour in greased casserole dish.
- top with italian style bread crumbs.
- pat with butter.
- bake at 350 till bubbly.
This was a great way to use cabbage. I added smoked saugage and some garlic powder. I also used regular velveeta cheese instead of the mexican style. It turned out great. This was very easy and a very quick dish to make. I will be making this again. Thanks!
I tried this recipe last night. I did not find the Mexican Velvetta, so I used Sharp Cheddar, and it was delicious. I am definitely making this one again. Easy and delicious - A great combo.
This is a is yummy "different" kind of cabbage casserole. The Mexican cheese and the sugar balance each other to make this stand apart from other similar cabbage casseroles. It makes for a great side dish when you need a change of pace. Thanx!