Recipe by alyseepoo
This is a great vegetarian casserole.
Top Review by beeboppah
this worked well, but u must cover the casserole with foil when u bake it. i omitted celery and added sauted onions and some vege chorizo, which worked nicely. was a hit the first nite, but sat in the fridge longer than i expected. good fall/winter dish.
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dry, nonstick skillet "fry" the rice until it's brown in color.
- Then put half of it in the bottom of a large casserole dish.
- Layer half of the shredded cabbage on top of it.
- Mix the water, spaghetti sauce and spices and then pour half of it over the cabbage.
- Spread half of the celery over this.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake for 1hr at 350.