Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had some leftover cooked cabbage,along with some leftover cooked baby carrots that needed to be used up. And so I combined them with some frozen Italian Meatballs, along with a few other things and made what I think is a very good soup. For the Italian Salad Dressing mix, I used Italian Dressing Seasoning Dry Mix by BeachGirl. As with any of my recipes, please adjust the seasonings according to your own personal tastes.Submitted to Food.com (a.k.a. " ZAAR ") on October 9th.,2012.
- 1656.13 ml beef broth
- 20 frozen italian meatballs, thawed (or you can use homemade meatballs )
- 473.18 ml cooked slightly firm cabbage
- 295.73 ml cooked baby carrots, cut into small bite size pieces (cut then measure)
- 9.85 ml Italian salad dressing mix (to taste)
- 1 teapoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- Heat beef broth to a gentle boil in a saucepan large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Add meatballs and simmer until heated through.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir until well blended.
- Then simmer for at least 20 minutes, and serve with your favorite crusty bread.