1/2 Photos of Cabbage,Carrot & Meatball Soup
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I had some leftover cooked cabbage,along with some leftover cooked baby carrots that needed to be used up. And so I combined them with some frozen Italian Meatballs, along with a few other things and made what I think is a very good soup. For the Italian Salad Dressing mix, I used Italian Dressing Seasoning Dry Mix by BeachGirl. As with any of my recipes, please adjust the seasonings according to your own personal tastes.Submitted to Food.com (a.k.a. " ZAAR ") on October 9th.,2012.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 cups beef broth
- 20 frozen italian meatballs, thawed (or you can use homemade meatballs )
- 2 cups cooked slightly firm cabbage
- 1 1/4 cups cooked baby carrots, cut into small bite size pieces (cut then measure)
- 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix (to taste)
- 1/2 teapoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1Heat beef broth to a gentle boil in a saucepan large enough to hold all ingredients.
- 2Add meatballs and simmer until heated through.
- 3Add remaining ingredients, stir until well blended.
- 4Then simmer for at least 20 minutes, and serve with your favorite crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage,Carrot & Meatball Soup
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.1
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1599.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian salad dressing mix
ground black pepper