Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Anadi Naik in "Vegetarian Journal Reports". Posted for ZWT.
- 1⁄2 small cabbage
- 3 medium carrots
- 2 large onions
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt, to taste
- Cut the cabbage into small pieces.
- In a separate container cut carrots into thin rounds.
- Peel onions and cut into small pieces.
- In a medium-sized pan saute the onion with butter or margarine.
- When onions feel soft, add mustard seeds.
- 30 seconds after that add cumin powder, coriander powder, and turmeric powder.
- Mix the spices.
- Drop carrots in pan and saute.
- Put the lid on for 5 minutes.
- Now add cabbage.
- Mix all the vegetables together.
- Add cinnamon powder, salt, and chile powder.
- Put the lid on.
- Wait for 5 minutes.
- Turn over mixture in pan.
- Make sure the spices don't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Put the lid back on and leave it another 8 minutes.
- If you want curry to be softer, keep the lid on longer after cooking.
- Serve hot or warm.