Recipe by Robin Blackwell
This is an old family recipe. This recipe is time consuming but well worth the effort. Can be frozen and rewarmed. Place 2-3 in a freezer bag. Good for quick snack.
- 2 lbs hamburger meat
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine (optional)
- 2 (8 ounce) packagespillsbury hot roll mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger meat, onions and garlic in large stewing pot.
- Add salt, pepper, basil and thyme.
- Wash cabbage and cut in half.
- Remove core and cut cabbage into shreds.
- Add to hamburger meat mixture.
- Add sherry.
- Cook 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and leave to the side to cool.
- Prepare hot roll mix as directed.
- Flour a surface and roll out dough.
- Cut a 4X4 square and fill with 1 1/2 table spoons of hamburger/cabbage mixture.
- Pull dough around mixture until closed.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet till brown.
- Brush with butter/margarine.
- Bake at 375°F.
- Makes approx 5 dozen.