Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Comfort and Simple in the same sentence it must be good.
- 1 lb shredded cabbage
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef (do not brown)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 28 ounces chunky spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- Place 1/2 cabbage into crockpot, crumble beef over the top sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Evenly sprinkle rice and onion over top.
- Top with cabbage and pepper.
- Combine spaghetti sauce, water and remaining spices.
- Pour over cabbage.
- Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours or until rice is tender.
I made this...it came out better than I expected...using the 1lb cole slaw mix made it even easier...also...I had the ground beef and onions already fried together in the freezer...which made it even EASIER!!! I thought it could have used a little more sauce...next time I make it I might add some tomato sauce with the spaghetti sauce...anyone who likes stuffed cabbage will really like this recipe!!!