Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful healthy salad that is served at our Friendship lunches and loved by all.
- 2 cups green cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 cups grapes, red and green, cut in half
- 2 cups broccoli, small segments only
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, slivered, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, increase if grapes are tart
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- In small bowl mix Miracle Whip, sugar, and vinegar until sugar is dissolved.
- Set aside.
- Prepare all remaining ingredients and place in large bowl.
- Add dressing and mix thoroughly.
- Chill in fridge for up to 2 hours.
- Toss again before serving.
Any recipe that makes a hit at a Friendship lunch has to be my kind of recipe ... and it was! Made as posted right down to picking up some Miracle Whip which was perfect for this salad. We love cabbage salads with the crunch of sunflower seeds and almonds. The rest of the ingredients combined to make for a winner of a salad. Thank you Shahana, another PAC recipe into the keeper file.
Oh, Yummy!!!! As usual I only eyeballed measurements and since grapes are way to expensive for me I substituted finely chopped apple. This is really really good. I will try one of these days with grapes but I can't see how it could be much better. Thanks so much for posting.