Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
I wouldn't have tried this, but the picture looked so delicious. It's Darina Allen's recipe. It is as delicious as the picture looked.
- In a skillet on medium heat, melt the butter and add the cabbage wedges.
- Cook 5 minutes, until browned on one side.
- Turn the wedges over and cover the pan.
- Cook 10 minutes, until tender and browned a bit.
- Just before serving, very lightly season with salt.
I love this recipe. It is outstanding with balsamic vinegar!!
Loved this, reminded me of the yummy cabbage my granny fed me in my youth! Even my pass on cabbage hubby raved on it. A touch of natural sea salt was a great finishing touch to the sweet buttery taste. Thanks for posting.
I always braise my cabbage in butter - Love the sweet buttery flavor the cabbage takes on. Usually I do this with shredded cabbage, but will have to try the wedges. Also, I usually use just a little butter and some butter flavored cooking spray to help keep it healthier. My fiance, who isn't much of a cabbage fan, really liked this dish. Hmmm... I'm thinking cabbage is on the menu tonight! Thanks for reminding me of such a quick and simple way to serve cabbage!