My Mom used to make this dish and it is one that means pure comfort food to me! She used white rice but you can replace it with brown rice or quinoa for a low-carb version! The measurements are not exact you may want less cabbage or more rice so use your best judgment.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook rice and set aside.
- 2Cut cabbage into large 'squares'
- 3Brown ground beef in large skillet, drain off oil.
- 4Then place back in pan with cabbage, tomatoes and a small amount of water.
- 5Stir and steam until cabbage is cooked.
- 6Add rice, soy sauce worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- 7Stir until well mixed.
- 8Serve piping hot! **Variations: serve on a large blanched cabbage leaf or use a bell pepper cut in half and blanched.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cabbage, Beef & Rice Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (505 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.0
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 734.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 28.1 g