Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My Mom used to make this dish and it is one that means pure comfort food to me! She used white rice but you can replace it with brown rice or quinoa for a low-carb version! The measurements are not exact you may want less cabbage or more rice so use your best judgment.
- 1 small cabbage (could use bok choy instead)
- 1 lb ground beef (lean or other ground meat)
- 3 cups cooked rice (white,brown or quinoa)
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Cook rice and set aside.
- Cut cabbage into large 'squares'
- Brown ground beef in large skillet, drain off oil.
- Then place back in pan with cabbage, tomatoes and a small amount of water.
- Stir and steam until cabbage is cooked.
- Add rice, soy sauce worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Serve piping hot! **Variations: serve on a large blanched cabbage leaf or use a bell pepper cut in half and blanched.