Recipe by Chelle_DaysFlutterby
Tastes like cabbage rolls with a lot less work!!!
Top Review by Bexxx
When I make this I use my crock pot. I put the raw cabbage in the bottom of the crock, then sprinkle the uncooked rice right over top. Then I put the ground beef mixture over that. I use condensed tomato soup instead of tomato sauce, with 1 can full of water. Also I use one more can of soup over the top of the meat in the crock pot. Cook all day and come home to a great meal!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 pepper
- 2 medium chopped onions
- 1 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 small cabbage, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, brown ground beef.
- Stir in onions, garlic, salt, pepper, tomato sauce and water. Then add uncooked rice.
- Cover and simmer almost 20 minutes or until rice is nearly tender.
- Place half of shredded cabbage in a greased baking dish.
- Cover with half of rice mixture.
- Repeat layer- do not stir.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour at 350.