Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
As I said before, we love cabbage so we have several cabbage recipes. This is another good one.
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion (cut up)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons uncooked rice
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Brown ground beef in oil; add onion,green pepper, salt and rice.
- Slice cabbage in bottom of casserole dish; spread beef mixture over cabbage.
- Mix tomato soup and water; add tomato sauce.
- Pour over cabbage and meat.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 1/2 hours.
I make this all of the time - really great recipe that tastes like cabbage rolls. I add celery and fried bacon to my recipe version - terrific!!!
This was SO easy to make and the taste was not the least bit disappointing. I have attempted to make stuffed cabbage and it has always been a disaster. This casserole gave me the great taste of stuffed cabbage without the hassle! i think my family would eat it 7 days a week. Im not a great cook....but this recipe made me look good. I Really enjoyed this one! :)
Wonderful! I didn't think I would ever have enough patience to try and attempt make actual Stuffed Cabbage; and this recipe tastes exactly like my moms stuffed rolls; but without the fuss! This is a keeper! Wonderful; would give it more stars if I could! I always wanted to make stuffed cabbage rolls like my mom, but never had enough confidence in myself to "stuff, roll & tuck" without making a mess of it. This recipe tastes exactly like my moms rolls, but without the fuss! The only thing I did different was added a bit more rice, about 1 - 2 more Tbsp. This is a keeper!