Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe comes from a cookbook written by Home Economic Teachers. I use packaged coleslaw and instant rice. I also make on top of the stove.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium head of cabbage, shredded (I use coleslaw mix)
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice (I use instant)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- Brown ground beef and onion in large skillet, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cabbage, carrots, salt and pepper.
- Spread rice in a 3 quart casserole. Spoon ground beef over the rice.
- Pour beef broth and 1/2 cup water over the mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until the rice is tender. Mix well before serving.