Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very simple one pot dish that I came up with to do something with some cabbage left from another dish we had made
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium head of cabbage (CHOPPED )
- 1⁄2 medium onion (CHOPPED )
- 2 garlic cloves (CHOPPED )
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-tel Mexican festival tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin (to taste)
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Combine ground beef, onion and garlic, and cook until beef is done and onion is translucent.
- Drain grease and add cabbage, Ro-Tel , cumin, and Tomato sauce.
- Cook over medium heat until cabbage is done, but still firm, about 6-10 minute.
- Plate the dish and add shredded cheese if desired.