Recipe by Dancer^
The quantities of the vegetables and beans can be changed to your preferences. If you add more beans, it will be more dense and flavorful. You can add more vegetables to make it lighter. It is good all by itself or with some toasted bread dipped into the soup.
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups cannellini beans, cooked
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 1⁄2 savoy cabbage, cut into small pieces
- 1 medium leek, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- fresh parsley
- 1 -2 tablespoon basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, add enough extravirgin olive oil to cover the bottom, add onion and sautè until tender.
- Add cannellini beans and the celery, carrots, cabbage, leek, garlic and vegetable buillon cubes.
- Add enough water to cover all of the ingredients and a bit more.
- It shouldn't be too watery.
- Simmer uncovered on low heat for about 45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add some hot water while it cooks if it seems to getting too dense.
- Add the parsley and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Taste the soup and add salt if needed.
- Add the basil and remove from heat.
- The soup is ready to be served!