Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a tasty "one pot" meal. Even "cabbage haters" enjoy it!
Make and share this Cabbage, Bean and Hamburger Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 head cabbage, coarse chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice (if there is not enough juice)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- vinegar, to taste
- hot sauce, to taste
- Brown the ground beef.
- Combine hamburger and all ingredients, except cabbage, in pot.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and simmer an additional 30 minutes.
- If there is not enough juice, add a can of V-8.
- Salt, pepper, vinegar and hot sauce to taste.