Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you are a cabbage lover you will love this!
- 6 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 eggs
- 1 -2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- Set oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter a small-medium casserole dish.
- In a medium size frypan, saute cabbage, carrot and onions in butter until crisp-tender.
- Transfer mixture to buttered baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine half and half with eggs, cheeses, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour mixture over the veggies.
- Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes.
Another great recipe from Kittencal. One of the best cabbage au gratin recipes that I've tried. Made exactly as callled for. No need to change anything.
Very good. I will make again for sure. It was rather easy to put together especially if you buy everything shredded.