Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from "Any Blonde Can Cook."
- 1 head cabbage, chopped, boiled, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Put cabbage in 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine next 3 ingredients in saucepan until thick.
- Pour mixture over cabbage.
- Top with breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
A very good cabbage dish. I boiled sliced onion w/ my cabbage and added salt and white pepper to the sauce for some more flavor. For the cheese, I used half cheddar and half swiss...Mmmmmm. I could kind of tell that there wouldn't be quite enopugh white sauce, so I increased it a bit, but next time I will double the white sauce. Thanx for a tasty cabbage dish. I'll make this again with my little changes mentioned.