For a crisp, crunchy slaw, combine Fisher Sliced Almonds, apples, cabbage and serve this great addition at any meal.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 cup coarsely chopped red apple
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery, about 2 stalks
- 1⁄2 cup Fisher Chef's Naturals Sliced Almonds, toasted
- For dressing, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, celery seed, salt and black pepper in small bowl; whisk until blended. Set aside.
- For slaw, combine in large mixing bowl cabbage, apple, celery and toasted almonds; toss to combine.
- Pour dressing over slaw; gently mix until coated. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour or longer. To serve, spoon into salad bowls.
Delicious slaw -- loved the addition of the apples and almonds. Made this for a potluck today and I know it will be a hit. Not too sweet -- it gets it's sweetness from the mayo and apples. Lots of crunch from the apples, celery and almonds. Similar to a waldorf salad, but with the addition of slaw mix. Made for Fall PAC, 2012.
This is by far my favorite mayo based slaw. It's a refreshing taste, and just different enough to make it interesting. I've paired it with a few different main dishes, but it was especially yummy with barbecue. Don't be afraid of the apple. It's doesn't make the slaw sweet at all.