Recipe by Lacy S.
This is a very simple dish. My grandmother used to make this along with beans and cornbread.
Top Review by 'Sconnie
I made this to accompany a beef roast, and it was wonderful! I chopped the cabbage a little more on the coarse side and used a metal dutch oven(to accomodate the extra cabbage) over low heat, and a little extra olive oil. Thanks for making a childhood favorite available!
- 1 head cabbage
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Core and wash the cabbage. Cut into 8 sections. (like orange slices).
- Place olive oil in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- Add garlic to warm oil and sautee 1 minute, add cabbage and stir to coat leaves in oil.
- Cook 10-12 minutes or until cabbage is soft.
- Add tomatoes and their juice to the cabbage and stir to combine.
- Place a lid on the skillet and turn heat down to low.
- Allow cabbage and tomatoes to steam for 5-6 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
- *Rotel can be used instead of regular tomatoes.