Prep 10 mins
Cook 19 mins
This is an easy weeknight recipe that we make often. I use fully cooked sausages - either Brats or Kielbasa.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb kielbasa, cut in 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 lb cabbage, cored and shredded (1/2 medium head)
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sausages and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beer and mustard and simmer until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, stir to combine, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir again and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes until the cabbage is wilted but still green.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Excellent recipe. Followed the recipe with a couple tweaks. I added 1/2 c sliced mushrooms, 1/2 c sliced onion, and 1/2 t caraway seeds. Oh so delicious!
I made this for our dinner tonight although Russ wasn't too keen on the whole idea. I think he expected the beer would be too over powering, but he gave in and I made it any way! We both decided this was REALLY delicious and so very simple to make. I used raw links-Spicy Sicillian Sausages-which I cooked completely before slicing then into three pieces and continuing with the recipe,. My cabbage wasn't a green one, so i added some chopped parsley to finish the dish and brighten it up a bit. Thanks so much for a great comfort dish we will be making again soon.