Top Review by ginger-james
I made this recipe last night and it was great. I changed the recipe a little using Hillshire FarmÂ® Turkey Polska Kielbasa and left out the white wine. It was wonderful and I would highly recommend this recipe if asked. Thanks for providing it.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausage, hot or mild
- 2 white onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thickly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄4 lbs cabbage, thinly sliced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 6 slices garlic toast
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium stockpot or Dutch oven heat olive oil, over high heat, and saute sausage for 3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and sun dried tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to medium high and saute until onions are soft, about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Stir in the wine and cook 2 minutes.
- Add cabbage, reserved sausage and chicken stock.
- bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NOTES : To serve, place a piece of garlic toast in the bottom of the bowl and ladle soup over top.