Recipe by Cookie Connoisseur
This is a wonderfully tasty soup that can be fairly heathly with a few substitutions. I usually can't stop after one bowl.
- 1⁄4 head cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 potato, diced
- 2 -3 ounces kielbasa (I sometimes use low fat)
- 8 ounces chicken broth (I use full 14 ou can)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (I have used skim on occasion)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix chopped celry, onion and potatoes to broth and simmer 15 minutes.
- Chop cabbage and sausage and add to vegetqables after they have simmered 15 minutes.
- Add salt, milk, sugar, caraway and pepper.
- Cook 25 mins over medium/low heat. Do not allow to boil.