Recipe by ellelit
I came up with this soup because i am in student loan repayment hell, and this gives me 5 big meals for about 1$ a meal, if that.
- 4 mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 carrots, peeled cut into 1 inch discs
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 onion, thinly julienne
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 savoy cabbage or 1⁄2 napa cabbage, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Lipton Onion Soup Mix, one package
- 1 knorr chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- cracked black pepper
- 2 cups dried egg noodles, cooked al dente or 2 cups noodles, of your choice cooked al dente
Directions See How It's Made
- begin to brown sauage in a 6- 8 quart pot. add garlic, onions, celery and carrots, stirring until sausage is nearly cooked.
- add 6- 8 quarts of water depending how soupy you like it. add onion soup, boullion, salt and pepper and thyme. add cabbage and bring to a boil. simmer for about 30 minutes, or until carrots are tender, and soup tastes yummy. about 5 minutes before it's done, add red peppers. add cooked noodles before serving.
- makes about 6 quarts, and it's not completely soupy, but chock full of yumminess with a moderate amount of broth. tastes even better next day.