Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Your favorite sausage slow cooked with cabbage in a tomato cheese sauce.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb Italian sausage, sliced into 1 inch rounds (you can also use Kielbasa your favorite spicy sausage)
- 1 head cabbage, chopped (bite-size chunks)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup beef broth
- Layer ingredients in the order listed.
- Cook on high 4 to 6 hours or on low 8 to 10 hours.
My husband usually love this kind of dish, and I was excited to try something new and easy, but this was not to our liking. It was very bland and greasy. I think if I were to make something like this again, I would brown the sausage slices first to drain off some of that fat... Maybe with a few tweeks we could make something like this work, but as the recipe stands, it just doesn't work for my family.
I made it with kielbasa and loved it I made it for work and the one that was loved it
My family has been making a dish similar to this for years (though without the cheese soup), the key is to add a jar of sauerkraut. Be sure to rinse it before adding. It will give it that zing that everyone seems to think is lacking in this recipe.