Recipe by *Parsley*
Meatless slow cooker side dish. If you're a meat person, throw in some cooked ham, bacon or sausage.
Top Review by SPrins
YUM! I loved this as is, but my hubby gave it a 6/10~~although he said it would be a 7/10 if I added some veggie sausage to it. Next time I will! I cooked this out in the garage to keep the heat out of the house~~we hit 101 degrees today!! Ugh!! Thanks so much for sharing! :O)
- 1 head green cabbage, chopped
- 793.78 g can sauerkraut, undrained
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 2.46 ml celery seed (or caraway seed)
- 59.16 ml butter, cut up
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- salt and black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chopped cabbage into crock pot. Place sauerkraut and onions over top.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until cabbage is as tender as you want.
- Stir well before serving.