Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Meatless slow cooker side dish. If you're a meat person, throw in some cooked ham, bacon or sausage.
- 1 head green cabbage, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can sauerkraut, undrained
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed (or caraway seed)
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place chopped cabbage into crock pot. Place sauerkraut and onions over top.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until cabbage is as tender as you want.
- Stir well before serving.
YUM! I loved this as is, but my hubby gave it a 6/10~~although he said it would be a 7/10 if I added some veggie sausage to it. Next time I will! I cooked this out in the garage to keep the heat out of the house~~we hit 101 degrees today!! Ugh!! Thanks so much for sharing! :O)
This was unbelievable! Even my picky toddlers loved this - and they rarely eat anything besides mac n' cheese! I made it as written, and it was just delicious.
Hey P72! This is great! I love cabbage and I love kraut but have never had them together. The tomatoes add another wonderful flavor into the mix. And the caraway seeds! This is great and going into my HANDWRITTEN recipe file. Thanks a bunch, dear!